Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah

Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thursday, June 9

Now!

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD.
Isaiah 1:18a

Recommended Reading
Isaiah 55:6-7 ( http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2055:6-7&version=NKJV )

Leslie Flynn tells of a pastor who took a visiting evangelist to visit a farmer whose family had been converted during revival meetings. They hoped to witness to the man. But when they arrived, the farmer was offended. "I didn't ask you to bring anyone out here to preach to me," he said. "I know where the church is. Anytime I want to hear anybody preach, I'll go to church. I'm going to be saved sometime, but not till I'm good and ready."

The next Monday the phone rang with an urgent message to come to the farmer's house. In a freak accident, he had fallen from the hayloft and died instantly. He fell at the very spot where two days before he'd declared, "I'll get saved when I'm good and ready."1

We have no promise of tomorrow. Today is the day of salvation, and we must call upon the Lord while He is near. If you need Christ, don't wait another moment. Come to Him today, while there's still time. And don't delay in sharing God's grace with others who need to hear His plan of redemption.

The little word "now" is a very important word in God's vocabulary of salvation.
J. C. Macaulay

1Leslie B. Flynn, Come Alive with Illustrations (Ada, MI: Baker Publishing Group, 1987), 143.

Read-Thru-the-Bible
Psalm 36:1-39:13 ( http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2036:1-39:13&version=NKJV )


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Privacy Policy ( http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/content.aspx?id=82 )

Donate Now ( http://www.davidjeremiah.org/shop/donate.aspx?premium=none&tid=email_ )

TURNING POINT WITH DR. DAVID JEREMIAH
PO Box 3838, San Diego, CA 92163
http://www.davidjeremiah.org

Do not use your "This is Spam" or "Report Spam" buttons, as this action will not unsubscribe you. To remove yourself from all Turning Point email lists, please click the unsubscribe link.

Turning Point's mission is to deliver the unchanging Word of God to an ever-changing world.

Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah
Copyright 2011


To make changes to your profile information, go here.
http://TPG.informz.net/TPG/default.asp?action=modify&email=systemengineer1.todaysturningpoint@blogger.com

If you would prefer not to receive e-mails from us, go here.
http://TPG.informz.net/TPG/default.asp?action=u&email=systemengineer1.todaysturningpoint@blogger.com&mi=1187023

Please send any comments about this e-mail to info@davidjeremiah.org

This email was sent to: systemengineer1.todaysturningpoint@blogger.com (770256318)